In partnership with the University of Sheffield Africa Scholarship Trust, the Department of Geography is pleased to offer a scholarship for a postgraduate taught student from Africa.
The scholarship offers the following support:
A full tuition fee waiver
Maintenance for University accommodation and a monthly stipend
1. You must have applied to study on one of the following courses to study at the University of Sheffield, starting in September 2022:
MA International Development
MSc Environmental Change and International Development
MPH International Development
2. You must be classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
3. You must be self-funded to receive this award, i.e. not funded by a research council, government, private enterprise, charity or any similar organisation.
4. This scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with any other funding awards, either from the University of Sheffield or external sources.
5. Your mode of attendance must be full time.
6. Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully meeting any condition(s) attached to your offer before the deadline provided by the Admissions Service.
7. Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully receiving a visa to study at the University in September 2022.
8. You must be a national of or permanently domiciled in an African country.
How to apply
Apply for the University of Sheffield Africa scholarship 2022
The deadline to apply is 13:00 (UK time) Monday 23 May 2022.
This is a competitive process and not all applications will be successful; a panel of senior members of staff will select the strongest application.
The panel will be looking to see in particular if you have:
provided a clear rationale for applying for a postgraduate course at the University of Sheffield,
outlined challenges to academic progress and detailed how these barriers have been overcome successfully,
outlined examples of work experience in the field of International Development,
clearly articulated future ambitions; these goals relate to the postgraduate degree you have applied for, and how your learning will benefit others from your country.
The outcome of your application will be announced via email.